picture selection

Jan 24, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I have downloaded the application and run it successfully,  and the pictures are pretty good, and really brighten up my desktop.

However I have 2 queries/suggestions

1 can a function be added to the program so that the user does not have to go to the folder to display the picture from there. This would make it easier and quicker for users.

2 There appears to be a limit of one picture per day per site.  Could a greater choice of  pictures be made available.

Thanks again,

Eddie McDonald

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Hi Eddie,

Thank you for your feedback. It is always welcome. Yes, we are aware of these limitations.

Current work in progress is to configure Windows to display new daily pictures as Desktop Slideshow with a certain time interval, let's say 30 minutes. So throughout the day your Desktop will change in 30 minutes intervals with all of the newest pictures from various websites.

We will also be making couple minor UI improvements that will work well with Slideshow configuration.

Hopefully ability to slideshow and UI improvements will make user experience even better.

Cheers,

Nikolai Aristov

Feb 3, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Soyuz,
Thank you very much for your reply. I'll keep an eye out for developments,
Eddie McDonald

-----Original Message-----
To: sloweddie51 <sloweddie51@aol.com>
Sent: Sun, Jan 29, 2012 7:02 pm
Subject: Re: picture selection [Picturethrill:287238]

Hi Eddie,
Thank you for your feedback. It is always welcome. Yes, we are aware of these limitations.
Current work in progress is to configure Windows to display new daily pictures as Desktop Slideshow with a certain time interval, let's say 30 minutes. So throughout the day your Desktop will change in 30 minutes intervals with all of the newest pictures from various websites.
We will also be making couple minor UI improvements that will work well with Slideshow configuration.
Hopefully ability to slideshow and UI improvements will make user experience even better.
Cheers,
Nikolai Aristov
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Picturethrill@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email Picturethrill@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Sep 15, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Edited Sep 15, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I just installed PT this morning and picked the NASA apod.  Would be excellent to add Hi-res photo sites.  Blowing up a small file size to wallpaper size looks blurry.

Barry

Coordinator
Oct 8, 2012 at 3:35 AM

To finish up on original thread. Windows comes with Slideshow component which is available in 

1. Right-Click on Desktop > Personalize > Desktop 
  2. Select multiple pictures
  3. Set picture every 30 minutes

However, Windows doesn't expose this component through API. Or at least I couldn't find a way to get to it. I made a post describing this situation:

http://technologyriver.blogspot.com/2011/12/setting-fade-desktop-in-windows-is-hard.html

If anybody knows how to get to Windows' Slideshow, please post it here or send me email.

Coordinator
Oct 8, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Hi Barry,

Do you have any specific Hi Resolution sites in mind? We are constantly evaluating which websites we could add to Picturethrill.

NASA usually provides high resolution pictures, but of course every day they change. But let us know if NASA pictures are show up at low resolution consistently.

Thank you.